What you will do
Join us in helping companies of all sizes and industries take their own climate action today. We are dedicated to working as a team towards our common goal: improving lives.
Become part of our Carbon Offset & Green Energy Services (COGES) team in The Hague, where we support our clients in selecting or developing certified, high-quality projects to offset their unabated emissions.
- Devising and implementing a sales strategy for our carbon offset and green energy services in the Benelux
- Driving new business, responsible for outreach, negotiation and signing new contracts for the sale of Verified Emissions Reductions (VERs) and Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs)
- Managing the end-to-end sales cycle from initial contact to signed contract
- Driving new business mainly through outbound sales, event attendance, and engaging your network; Responding to RFPs and tenders
- Cold emailing, cold calling & driving conversations through social media to secure new clients
- Building and maintaining relationships with key clients and stakeholders, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Acting as a subject matter expert and supporting the wider Benelux team to educate clients on carbon credits & the carbon market
- Advising clients on project development, Beyond Value Chain Mitigation (BVCM) contribution approaches, ex-ante vs. ex-post carbon credits, different quality attributes of both VERs and EACs
- Utilising advanced technical knowledge to produce credible thought leadership externally
- Working in close contact with and supporting our expert team in our headquarters in Munich
Who you are
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales/commercial roles. We do welcome those with significantly more experience. Ultimately, we are looking for the right behaviours and skills, not only a certain number of years
- Industry experience of the carbon market ecosystem with technical expertise of the various standards (Verra, Gold Standard, etc.), frameworks and associations (ICVCM, ICROA, etc.), and rating agencies (Sylvera, BeZero, etc.)
- Proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales targets, particular focus on new business / outbound sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Evidence of advanced commercial acumen, a collaborative mindset, and a curiosity to learn technical topics
- An unwavering, deep-rooted passion for sustainability and tackling climate change
- Experience in data management using a CRM platform
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, in particular powerpoint skills
- Excellent time management skills
- You are a Dutch native speaker with very good English language skills
Desired, but not essential:
- An understanding of carbon accounting, reporting and target-setting standards (e.g. GHG Protocol, SBTi, TCFD)
- Good strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Academic degree in a relevant subject area, e.g. geography, environmental sciences, natural sciences, climate change, etc.
- Experience in hosting webinars, roundtables and/or fireside conversations with clients or partners
Join our dynamic and international team where you can be who you are. We work together in an open and uncomplicated way and also enjoy socialising outside of work. In addition to a job with meaning, we also offer you the following benefits
- Our bright, modern offices are centrally located and easy to reach by all modes of transport
- To get to work in an environmentally conscious way, we cover the cost of travelling by public transport
- 30-days holiday, plus public holidays - we believe well rested team members perform better
- Sport clears your head and makes us feel good! We support you with a subsidy for a sports program
- We enable you to work flexibly and in a hybrid way so that you can achieve an even better work-life balance
- Regular check-ins and development meetings are part of our feedback culture
- You have the opportunity to take out a company pension scheme with an employer contribution
- It goes without saying that we provide free tea, coffee and fruit to ensure your well-being at work
- Regular team outings help foster our sense of belonging, collaboration, and respect
How to apply
Simply click the application button to apply to this position. Make sure that you include the following documents in English:
- your latest CV
- a cover letter
Have any questions? Feel free to contact Robert Viertelhauzen
) from ClimatePartner Netherlands.
Creating an inclusive environment is important to us. We provide equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to any aspect which makes them unique. If you need any reasonable adjustments to make the application process accessible for you, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Find out more about working at ClimatePartner and see all our current job openings at climatepartner.com/career
We look forward to your application!
ClimatePartner supports companies in climate action: With our solution combining software and consulting, we support our clients in making a contribution to climate action and anchoring it in their strategy. Companies calculate carbon footprints for them or their products, set reduction targets, implement reductions, finance climate projects and are supported by ClimatePartner through to the communication of their climate action commitment. These five steps can be transparently tracked with the label ClimatePartner certified and the corresponding climate-ID page. Where these requirements cannot yet be met, we provide the opportunity to contribute to financing climate projects. This commitment can be demonstrated via the Financial climate contribution label as well as ClimatePartner’s established ID tracking.
As we want to take climate action to a new level, we develop high-quality, certified climate projects with our ClimatePartner Impact business division. In addition to the positive effects on the climate, these and the other projects from the ClimatePartner portfolio provide additional benefits for the local communities, guided by the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
ClimatePartner was founded in Munich in 2006. Our more than 500 employees in Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Essen, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Munich (HQ), Paris, Stockholm, The Hague, Vienna, and Zurich support more than 6,000 companies from over 60 countries.